Thursday, August 12, 2010

the last day

Yesterday was the best day yet. We started fishing at our normal time 8:00 am and we head out to different location. Within about 30 minutes there is a fish on my line. I was very excited. So we have the first fish in the boat and this fishing is a lot of fun. So instead of waiting until after 10:30 to catch my first fish, this day is looking a lot better. By 9:30 I had already caught more fish on Tuesday than I had any of the previous three. It was a lot of fun. I was really starting to get the hang of it and catching all types of walleyes. There were a few of the fish that I had caught that we so little, that my guess is that this was the first time they had ever been caught. Our guide Bob and I on a couple of occasions both had fish on our line at the same time. It was really fun. I catch about 8 fish before lunch which feels much better than only catching a couple.
During shore lunch I go for a swim which was really nice because it was so very hot. The water was colder than I thought it was going to be, but no so cold. Being that far North, the sun is out most of the day so it really keeps the water temperature up. The shore lunch was very good. We had fried fish again, but it was a different kind that used corn meal and the main breading component. We did not catch as many fish in the afternoon but we still had a lot of fun. The sun was very hot but not so intense because of how far north we were.
While at dinner we spoke with the dock guy Bobby, and he said that they have a really big bear problem there. He said that they feed one black bear every day at 2 pm. They call this bear chuck. They go to a place far away from the camp to feed him but he just sits there and enjoys his lunch. They have had a lot of bear problems in the past but they seem to have it under control. Bears are creatures of habit so if they find food at a certain place or certain time they will go back there and look for it again. That is why if you see a bear once, and you feed them you will probably see them again. No pictures today, because the internet is too patchy but there will be more next time. I promise. It was a great trip and a lot of fun. I am on my way to be as good of an angler as Ted Williams. More to come.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a strong finish. Pictures, please.