Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten Minutes Faster

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNYq0ELjZd1wrF0KMF2pAbde49YZmh2B7VJgc140X9TVPq_j9oNZWmW26Y_z7ffmJXqVbLo9Rf0ZWIdcLy0wTzBwNJqi1uDeK3bRUFU1Dbix7Wcw-Npe3AHtLZd388ghCztxsrvcNi_Ane/s1600/2nd+Fish+Monday+close.JPG">
The 2nd fish of the day. I forgot to take a photo of the 1st one.


So today was a lot of fun. Another amazing weather day. Nice and warm / borderline hot with few clouds in the sky. Not so much breeze but we still caught some fish. It took me ten minutes less today to catch my first fish than yesterday. Who says I am not improving. Donna was the big winner catching a lot of fish and a couple big ones. One of the reasons why the fish were not jumping in our boat is because there was a high pressure front right near us. I guess when that happens; it pushes the water down and condenses the water which makes it harder to swim for the fish so they do not want to eat as much. They kind of just save their energy for another day. Now you know when there is a high pressure over you, the fish will not bit as much. I still caught 4 fish but should have had a couple more because there were a few that just took the bait and one time I thought I tied my jig the right way, but I did not and that is now at the bottom of the lake.
The shore lunch today was good and bad. The good part was the baked fish. It was very good with some mustard and orange and dill. It was very tender and very flakey. The bad part was that I got bit/stung (I do not know what it was because I did not get a chance to ask him) by a white-faced hornet. That was not that awesome. There is still a little pain on the top of my foot. So that is a bummer. I just hope that I killed it and that is the last person he gets. But the shore lunch was very good.


Some other cool stuff that happened today, I saw a bald eagle for the first time. It was sitting in a tree and just took off and flow over the lake. It was too bad I did not have a fish to throw at him so we could see him catch it and fly away. That would have been awesome. We also learned a lot of fun facts about loons. They have solid bones and can stay underwater for 3 minutes. They fly to the coast for the winter because the lakes up here freeze. Their feet are really far back on their body so when they land on the water they cannot land on their feet (like a goose or a duck) but they just sort of crash land on their stomach. It is pretty cool to see when you know what you understand what they are doing.

To address the comments about me being in some pictures, I am always caring the camera and I never think to give it to someone else. Just Like Sir Edmund Hillary. I will work on getting in some photos and we have one day left. I hope I can catch the big one and a lot of them tomorrow. We shall see. More to come. Happy Birthday Casey.

Peace out.

No comments: