Saturday, August 7, 2010

Change of plans


Well I am back and there have been some changes since the last time I wrote. I have moved out of the sales department and I am now working in production. I really like it a lot and I am learning a lot more than I thought I was going to. It is a good time. The best part is getting finished with work at 2:30 pm each day. The worst part is that I have to start work at 6:00 am, which for those who do not know, it is early. I tell you this because now I am on a fishing trip with Dad and Donna in Northern Ontario. We are staying at this place called Pine Portage Lodge. We will be here for 4 days.
Getting here was a lot of fun. It was the first time I have ever been on a seaplane. In case you are wondering yes, all of us fit into this plane that is at the top of the post. Taking off was pretty neat. We were flying pretty low because the pilot thought we were going to see a moose, but we did not, which was too bad. The flight was pretty bumpy but we landed in the water safely. I would not have done very well if the flight was about 20 minutes longer but everyone made it safe and sound. Once we landed we went to our cabin (cabin #5) and then back down to the main lodge for lunch. The lunch was really good. The only way that they get stuff here is by seaplane or by truck on logging roads. This place is out there.
The cabins are pretty basic. Just 3 rooms and a bathroom. There is no TV, no Radio, and no phones. But they do have a wood burning stove. Who thought I was going to be using a wood burning stove in August. That is pretty crazy but we are pretty far North.
Once we finished lunch we got out gear and went fishing. I was with the guide Bob and Dad and Donna were in the other boat. I caught 3 fish. All 3 of the fish were northern pike. It has been very windy so the fishing has not been so awesome, but they are out there. Hopefully tomorrow when we go out in the morning we will catch enough fish so that we can have fish for lunch during a shore lunch. That would be great. We are going to need more than 3 little fish to have food for lunch.
It is pretty crazy here because there is no cell phone reception but there is wifi which is how you are getting these updates. I will try and keep you all in the loop as best I can, but we are hoping to catch a lot of fish and do a lot of fishing. I know we will be staying in touch. More to come.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is a reason it's called fishing and not catching... Hope you get the biggest one tomorrow and have a great lunch!!